St. Cloud’s City Council approved the Entertainment District’s amendment allowing the use of outdoor drinking for the downtown area. The city shared with the community what’s to come and what to expect:
For District visitors:
• Stay within the boundaries of the entertainment district: (north) 9th Street; (East) Florida Avenue; (South) 13th Street; (West) Massachusetts Avenue
• Outside drinking hours are Wednesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• For outdoor consumption, no more than one drink per valid ID per transaction
• Consumption outside is only permitted in a clear plastic cup, with the registered district logo, not exceeding 16 fl. ounces
• Alcoholic beverages are defined as beer, wine and spirits
• No alcoholic beverages should be brought from outside the District
• Be courteous to those around you and throw your waste in one of the many bins available in the District
For outdoor establishments distributing alcoholic beverages:
• Your establishment must register with the City in order to distribute alcoholic beverages for consumption outside. Click here to contact the Zoning Division of the Department of Community Development to find out how to register your business.
• Your establishment is authorized to dispense only one (1) beverage per valid ID for outside consumption, per transaction at a time.
• Distribute alcoholic beverages for outside consumption only between 11:00 a.m. Wednesday to Saturday 00:00 a.m.
• Alcoholic beverages intended for consumption outside must be in a transparent cup of no more than 16 fl. ounces, which contains the District’s registered logo. Please email Mainstreet to find out how to get the logo approved to put on your plastic cups.
• Do not allow beverages into your establishment from outside sources