DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Drug Testing Market Report 2022” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global drug testing market is expected to grow from $5.80 billion in 2021 to $6.58 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.53%. The drug testing market is expected to reach $10.66 billion in 2026 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.81%.
North America was the largest region in the drug testing market in 2021. Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period. Regions covered in the Drug Testing market report are Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa.
The increasing consumption of drugs and alcohol is driving the growth of the drug testing market. Drug addiction is a disease that affects a person’s brain and behavior, resulting in the inability to control the use of a legal or illegal drug or medication. Substances such as alcohol, marijuana and nicotine are also considered drugs. As drug addiction and alcoholism increase, the risks of disease are higher, triggering the need for drug testing.
For example, in June 2019 and 2020, according to a report published by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), 35 million people worldwide suffer from drug use disorders and need treatment services. The seriousness and complexity of the world drug situation is increasing, revealing that the number of people who use drugs is now 30% higher than in 2009. The effects of the pandemic are also increasing drug-related risks , with youth cannabis use increasing up to four times in some parts of the world. Hence, the increasing consumption of drugs and alcohol is driving the growth of the drug testing market.
The development of innovative products is a key trend that is gaining popularity in the drug testing market. Major companies operating in the drug testing market are focusing on providing innovative products to meet the growing industry demand and strengthen their position in the market. Additionally, due to COVID, there has been a sudden change in the approach to drug testing, which has changed testing methodologies and driven innovation and new product development by companies.
Companies are trying to develop new products like a new drug test that is more efficient and widely usable by laboratories. For example, in April 2019, Thermo Fisher Scientific, a US-based laboratory supplies and biotechnology company, introduced a new drug addiction test with supporting calibrators and controls. Named the CEDIA Mitragynine (Kratom) Assay, it can be performed on widely used clinical chemistry analyzers, allowing a wide range of laboratories to test for the presence of Kratom. This test is intended for use in criminal justice and forensics only.
1) By products: rapid test devices; Consumables; Others
2) By sample type: oral fluid sample; Hair sample; Urine sample; Breath sample; Others
3) By the end user: Drug testing laboratories; Work places; Criminal justice and law enforcement agencies; Hospitals; addiction treatment centres; Individual Users; pain management centers; Schools and colleges
Main topics covered:
2. Characteristics of the Drug Testing Market
3. Drug Testing Market Trends and Strategies
4. Impact of COVID-19 on drug testing
5. Drug Testing Market Size and Growth
6. Drug Testing Market Segmentation
7. Regional and Country Analysis of Drug Testing Market
8. Asia Pacific Drug Testing Market
9. Chinese drug testing market
10. Indian drug testing market
11. Japan drug testing market
12. Australia Drug Testing Market
13. Drug Testing Market in Indonesia
14. Drug testing market in South Korea
15. Western Europe Drug Testing Market
16. UK drug testing market
17. Drug testing market in Germany
18. Drug testing market in France
19. Eastern Europe Drug Testing Market
20. Russian drug testing market
21. North America Drug Testing Market
22. US Drug Testing Market
23. South America Drug Testing Market
24. Drug testing market in Brazil
25. Middle East Drug Testing Market
26. Africa Drug Testing Market
27. Drug Testing Market Competitive Landscape and Company Profiles
28. Major mergers and acquisitions in the drug testing market
29. Drug Testing Market Future Outlook and Potential Analysis
Alfa Scientific Designs
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/wrpj7t